You don't have to use the OJB CVS version, you only should use the xdoclet
module from the CVS (its newer than the one with rc4). If you use the
module with a stable release, then it might be that some generated
attributes in the XML descriptor are not recognized by OJB, but I think
this is only the case with versions older than rc4.
I'd strongly advise you to use the xdoclet jars supplied with the xdoclet
ojb module, or to use the CVS HEAD from xdoclet. First, the xdoclet CVS
HEAD is quite stable (at least concerning the xdoclet core and the major
modules like EJB), and secondly there might have been API changes since
the last stable release. It might work with the 1.2b3 release , but I
didn't test it (I know however that it does not work with 1.2b2 and
older).

Tom