Armin

On this note, with batch mode set to false, I decided to look into sequences
in OJB.
I currently use the default hi low sequence. I have an extent where the top
level class is an interface
And some concrete classes about 2 further levels down e.g.

                          TopLevelInterface
                                 +
           +---------------------+----------------+
        Interface1           Interface2           Interface3
           +                     +
     +------------+        +-----------+
   Impl1       Impl2     Impl3       Impl4     etc

I often query things from the top level or one of the intermediate levels
(Interface1 to 3 above).
My question regarding sequences is that I have cleared out OJB_HL_SEQ as
reocmmended in the documentation
When changing repository/extents) and I notice that although the max ID for
the extent with TopLevelInterface
At the top is correct the sequence name appears to be Interface1. The first
thing I did was save some instances of Impl1 and Impl2. Surely for this to
work next time the VM starts I would have to have the sequence name of
ToplevelInterface so that the IDs are unique across the entire extent (e.g.
from ToplevelInterface down)

The reason I say this is that if I start storing instances of Impl3 and 4
say, how will they get the right
Sequence e.gf. Interface1 is not "visible" from Impl3 or 4 -- the only
commonly visible interface is
The top level one hence I would have expected the sequence to have this
name.

I hope you can (or someone can) shed some light on my confusion.

Regards,

Mark Rowell