Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello Armin,

I'm using OJB 0.9.5.

uuh! a real oldtimer ;-)

The code is below.

The "stop" button is pressed during the execution time of this method below.
I think that there something wrong because after I press "stop" and refresh the page,
a TransactionNotInProgressException occured.

Have you an idea?
Thanks
Sylvain

**code**
public void searchPerson(String lastName) {
Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.addLike("lastName", "%" + lastName + "%");
Query query = new QueryByCriteria(Person.class, crit);
try {
broker is a field in your class?
here you get a new instance, what about the
previous referenced PB instance? Do multiple
threads access class instance?
broker = PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
recommened to use
PersistenceBroker pb = PersistenceBrokerFactory....
in your methods
broker.beginTransaction();
Iterator iter = broker.getIteratorByQuery(query);

while (iter.hasNext()) {
Person person = (Person) iter.next();
appResps.put(person.getPersonId(), person.getPersonName());
} broker.commitTransaction();
} catch (PersistenceBrokerException t) {
broker.abortTransaction();
t.printStackTrace();
} finally {
broker.close();
}

hmm, I'm not familiar with webserver internals, but think if
you press 'stop' on the browser your method will be pass
through anyway.

StackTrace of the exception on refresh?
Caused by 'broker.abortTransaction()'?
If yes, I think it's a thread problem.