From: Thurs, Dean Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 1:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problems changing from rc4 to rc5

I have recently switched from rc4 to rc5 and I am having problems retrieving a collection of client groups from my class client (shown below). The class client-group uses an anonymous reference to the client class but it appears that every time I try to retrieve the client, it retrieves the client group, then the client groups class retrieves the client and I enter into an infinite loop of retrieving client, client group, client....

I am using the Persistence Broker API, and I have not changed my
repository-user.xml file from rc4.

<class-descriptor
          class="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.Client"
          table="DEXA010T"

      <field-descriptor
         name="id"
         column="CLIENT_ID"
         jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
         primarykey="true"
         autoincrement="false"
      />

<field-descriptor
name="wipStatusId"
column="WIP_STATUS_ID"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"
access="anonymous"
/>
<reference-descriptor name="wipStatus" class-ref="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.WipStatus">
<foreignkey field-ref="wipStatusId"/>
</reference-descriptor>

<collection-descriptor
name="clientGroups"
element-class-ref="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.ClientGroup"
auto-delete="true"

<inverse-foreignkey field-ref="clientId" />
</collection-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

<class-descriptor
class="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.ClientGroup"
table="DEXA020T"

<field-descriptor
name="id"
column="CLIENT_GROUP_ID"
jdbc-type="INTEGER"
primarykey="true"
autoincrement="true"
access="readonly"
/>
<field-descriptor
name="clientId"
column="CLIENT_ID"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
access="anonymous"
/>
<reference-descriptor name="client"
class-ref="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.Client">
<foreignkey field-ref="clientId"/>
</reference-descriptor>

</class-descriptor>

If anyone has any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong please let
me know.

Thanks

Dean