On the tutorial type -- thank you! I just fixed in OJB_1_0 and HEAD =)

On the ODMG markDirty / store thing... I don't know for sure, but there is a potential for lost updates when using markDirty(...). The practice I have had recommended, and use, is to just re-query it by identity in the bounds of a transaction and make the changes, rather than modifying a persistent object outside of a transaction and forcing changes back in.

-Brian