Hello,

> public class ProductTO implements java.io.Serializable {
>
>     protected int id;
>     protected String name;
>     protected Vector symbols;

'Vector' is not a good idea.  You should use an interface
type such as Collection or List for the type declaration ...

>     getters and setters...

... and also for the parameter and return types.

> My problem is that I get an exception when I mark it as a proxy:
>
> [PersistentField] ERROR: while set field:
> object class[ com.ines.flanco.model.ProductTO
> target field: symbols
> target field type: class java.util.Vector
> object value class: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ListProxy

This is a good error message, isn't it?
The proxy is of type ListProxy, which implements the List interface
but is not assignable to a field of type Vector.

HTH,
        Olli
--
  Oliver Matz
  ppi Media GmbH

Explore your printnet!

DRUPA 2004
Düsseldorf, Germany, 6 - 19 May 2004, Booth 6E62