De : Armin Waibel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 16 janvier 2004 13:12
À : OJB Users List
Objet : Re: Pb with the delete order

Hi Emmanuel,

Emmanuel DUPONT wrote:
> All,
>

> I have a recursive statement witch delete in a tree all nodes with
children
> and dependencies.
>

> The trouble is that I lock the entire objects in the right order (I
debugged
> carefully) but OJB doesn't send the Sql delete statements in the good
order.

The odmg-api collect all modified/new objects and write to database when
tx.commit was called. Within odmg all objects are prepared/re-ordered to
avoid conflicts with database (done in ...odmg.ObjectEnvelopeTable at
commit time).
If you think it's a bug in OJB, can you send me a test case for the problem?

> I can resolve the trouble by placing some temporary checkpoint.

You can call the proprietary TransactionExt#flush() method to force
odmg-api to write objects to DB without committing the tx.

> Is it possible to ask to OJB to re-order the SQL statement..?

hmm, on odmg-level it's done by a not pluggable class. Thus there is no
easy way to do this.