I've got the following problem, that i can solve with a custom
implementation of PersistentField.

I've got a simple the following objects:

class A {
        int i;
}

class B {
        A a;
}

I store B and A in the same table using nested fields.
The problem is that when i store an empty B object (with the 'a' field to
null), a null is inserted into the column 'i'. That is fine, but when i read
it, the AbstractPersistentField::setNestedObject creates an A object before
setting not setting the null value to the 'i' field.
So the next time the B object is stored, the 'a' field is not null anymore,
and a 0 is inserted in the column 'i'.

Can the test that is made to skip the storing of a primitive value if the
object value is null can be made earlier so that the nested object is
accessed (and created) only if necessary ?

Regards