-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:17:13 -0800
From: He, Paul (EDS) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thomas,

I am just starting to use OJB recently.  Oracle application server (Orion
server) is our choice.  I wonder if you have some examples I deploy an OJB
application on Orion server.  I really get confused on the configuration.
Also, do I need to write a customized startup object as the instruction for
Weblogic or Jboss?  Thank you so much.

OJB was shipped with some session bean examples. In the documentation was a detailed description for deployment on jboss.
Instead a jboss specific sar-file/dir you can direct deploy the sample beans or setup an .ear file.

All configuration for Orion is the same as for JBoss, except
JTATransactionManagerClass=
org.apache.ojb.otm.transaction.factory.OrionTransactionManagerFactory

To make the OJB api's accessible via JNDI, you need to bind api's main classes to JNDI.
- *org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory* for PB-api. Make method PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.instance() accessible. For jboss we doing this via org.apache.ojb.jboss.PBFactory mbean.

- *org.apache.ojb.odmg.OJBJ2EE_2* for ODMG-api. Make OJBJ2EE_2.getInstance() accessible. For jboss we doing this via org.apache.ojb.jboss.ODMGFactory mbean

For a simple test it is possible to use this classes directly in your sample beans (without JNDI lookup).

I attached latest version of deployment doc (with some additional hints).

Paul He

A Representative of HSD&D
PLANO, TX

Phone:+1-972-604-8855