ZZZ Liu wrote:

I am trying to know the performance difference between
mapping number column to long vs BigDecimal. I did
following test.

Just as a side note and not a direct answer to your question:
the OJB performance will be very dependent on the RDBMS performance, especially when running tight loops with lots of data loading.

I.e. your test results will vary a lot depending on which database server your are using, JDBC-driver, indexes and/or clusters in the database etc. etc.

For example: you could find that OJB is faster with one column type on MySQL but get the other way around with Oracle (or even different versions on MySQL server).

Regards,
 Martin

--
Martin Kalén