Yannick Goujon wrote:

Is Websphere 4.0.7 (solaris) compatible with OJB using datasource or do we
need to upgrade to websphere 5?

FWIW, I haven't seen compatibility issues with any app server I've used and tested with, and OJB is ONE of the reasons why I've gone that route, it removes weird app server specific datasource setups. Even using Struts, I never setup a datasource in the struts-config.xml, everything is done with OJB. I can switch app servers by simply deploying my war file and I'm up and running.