Hi,

I am using PB-API and DB2 7 for a few weeks now and have a question
regarding the ojb extent concept.

I have a BaseClass which holds common attributes (timestamp, versionnr) for
model objects. Each model class has to extent BaseClass. Database tables
hold the common attributes and specific attributes for the appropriate model
class.

In the repository-user.xml I declared the common attributes separately for
each model class-descriptor. My question is: Did I miss the ojb-extent
concept totally? Could I just declare a model class as an extent-class of
BaseClass and delete the common attributes from each (model)class-descriptor
because of the extent, ojb would handle these attributes automatically for
each extended class?

thx,
Dirk