Armin Waibel wrote:

could you send me your test case?

No. Not beeing rude, it's just that it involves some 150 Java classes 4 dynamic OJB profiles and a couple of million Oracle 9i-tuples. :-)

Or is it possible to modify an existing test case to show the problem?

Today I managed to home in a bit further on the problem. In my environment it seems that the Oracle JDBC-prefetching conflicts with the OJB proxy-prefetching. Moving from platform "Oracle9i" to platform "Oracle" resolves the null-pointer exception.

I will try to debug further and check wether it makes sense at all (performance-wise) to use Oracle-specific prefetching (that Matthew started and I finished in the Oracle9i in CVS HEAD) now that OJB has it's own prefetching.

For now, it would be interesting if others could verify that swapping platform solves the NPE i OJB CollectionPrefetcher#associateBatch
ed. (If they are using Oracle at alla that is...)

--
Martin Kalén
Curalia AB              Web:  http://www.curalia.se