I want to insert an object in to the table ans have the table assign the ID.
If a value is present in the object for the ID variable, the table will
allow that value to be inserted.
If no value is present, the table will create an ID.
My problem is how do I tell OJB not to insert the ID value.
the column is jdbc type Integer which maps to java int, but there is no such
thing as a null int, so it will insert a 0 into the table. I changed the
java type to Integer to see if making it null would tell OJB not to insert
it, but it complained about an invalid PK.

Any advice?