No takers?

Sean Dockery wrote:

Consider the following classes that represent a many-to-many relationship:

public class Category {

private Collection products;

    public Collection getProducts() {
        return products;
    }

    public void setProducts(Collection newProducts) {
        products = newProducts;

public class Products {

private Collection categories;

    public Collection getCategories() {
        return categories;
    }

    public void setCategories(Collection newCategories) {
        categories = newCategories;

If I have categories A and B, and products X and Y. Initially category A contains only product X, and category B contains only product Y.

If I have fetched category A into the cache, then load product Y, and modify it thusly...

productY.getCategories().add(categoryA);

...and save it, the correct record is inserted into the indirection table describing the relationship between categoryA and productY. However, the cached copy of A is not updated with the new relationship. If categoryA is purged from the cache and re-materialized, it contains both X and Y in its products collection.

Is this correct behavior or is this a bug? If it is a bug, will it be fixed before 1.0 final is released?

Thanks...