Hi Armin,

Thanks! That indeed solved the problem! Reply-posted this on user-list for community :)
And no, the hippo is just fine!

- Mike

Armin Waibel wrote:

Hi Mike,

I think you don't have specified the correct database in your jdbc-connection-descriptor:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
           jcd-alias="default"
           default-connection="true"
==>!!        platform="Hsqldb"
           jdbc-level="2.0"

The platform attribute should be platform="MySQL" in your case. This enable OJB to use the "right" platform class.
see http://db.apache.org/ojb/platforms.html
and http://db.apache.org/ojb/repository.html#jdbc-connection-descriptor
for more info.

> during SequenceManager.afterStore (for a nl.hippo.nvpt.Articles):
> Syntax
> error or access

or maybe OJB can't store the hippo ;-)

By the way, please use the user-list for these kinds of problems to make it possible for other user to benefit/learn.

Mike Ahlers wrote:

Hi,

I am using rc6 and MySQL (4.0.18-nt) database. All I want is to have the primary key after a store (for new object), the database uses auto-increment, and I am experimenting with several SequenceManagers.

The SequenceManagerInMemoryImpl works, however not suitable for multiple instances will work on the database. The documentation says I should use a special Manager because of MySQL and therefore I am using SequenceManagerNativeImpl. This works partially, as in, it generates negative primary keys (and not unique), but when I am setting access="readonly" in my reposity for field-descriptor I receive the following error:

[org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl] ERROR: SQLException during SequenceManager.afterStore (for a nl.hippo.nvpt.Articles): Syntax error or access
violation, message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CALL IDENTITY()' at line 1"
Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CALL IDENTITY()' at line 1" java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CALL IDENTITY()' at line 1"
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1876)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1192)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java:1153)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2048)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2005)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:1156)
at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNativeImpl.getLastInsert(SequenceManagerNativeImpl.java:263)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNativeImpl.afterStore(SequenceManagerNativeImpl.java:155)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeToDb(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1465)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1378)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:730)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:165)

at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:165)

Current setup:
--- start snippet ---
<sequence-manager className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNativeImpl">

           <attribute attribute-name="grabSize" attribute-value="10"/>
</sequence-manager>

<class-descriptor class="nl.hippo.nvpt.Articles" table="ARTICLES">
<field-descriptor name="id" primarykey="true" autoincrement="true" access="readonly" nullable="false" default-fetch="true" column="ID" jdbc-type="INTEGER"/>
--- end snippet ---

What am I missing here? Or are there other solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Ahlers