On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Frank Renaers wrote:

> We are using Torque to describe our database schema.
>
> We are looking now for a tool which compares 2 Torque schemas (the old
> and the new one) and
>
> generates incremental sql.
>
> Does this already exists ?

Havn't heard of something like this, though you might want to ask on the
torque user mailing list, as well.
Perhaps Torque or commons-sql (which also can read Torque schemas) create
'ALTER TABLE' statements ? I guess you could try a temporary database,
generate it using the old schema, then applying the new schema on the same
database to see what Torque and commons-sql generate.
Otherwise you could use Torque as a library, more precisly its metadata
part, then read in both schemas and compare them on the object level (I
don't know nothing of the Torque metadata handling, but it is probably
either DOM, or a specific object model.)

Tom