Hi,

I was wondering which effect has the length attribute within field-descriptor in OJB. I have made a little test creating an object with its primary key longer than it should be.

I have set the length attribute to the max length allowed in BD, but created an object with longer length in its primary key. The result is an exception from Oracle:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

So it seems that OJB does not check for the length before inserting the record. And my question is, what is the length attribute used for?

Thanks in advance,
Enrique Medina.