Hi,

Me too !

I'd like to add that if you model it with 2 fk's you'll get into a nice update problem. How do you ensure that the to fk's are consistent ? You'll have to program something manually.
Since I use a generic access to my value object the solution with the one-element-list doesn't quite cut it for me ..

I'd quite like to see an inverse-foreign-key in a relation descriptor.
Any chance this is upcoming ?

Cheers,

Stefan

Daniel Perry wrote:
I cant seem to figure out bi-directional references. Am I being thick? or do
they not exist?

I have two objects in a database, which need to be associated with each
other (optionally).

ClassB has a property "ClassA me", and "int meId".

"meId" is mapped as an int, and "me" is mapped as a reference descriptor
with "meId" as a foreign key.  So, ClassB -> ClassA works.

I've tried mapping "ClassA.Me" as a reference descriptor of type "ClassB"
with an inverse-foreign-key, exactly as for collection descriptors but that
doesn't work.

How can I do this? As far as I can tell I have a choice:
1. have two separate relations - with foreign keys in both tables.
2. have one direction as a reference and the other direction as a
collection.

Both of these seem like madness to me, although I guess I can bodge the
second so as to make the collection hidden, and just have a getter for a
non-existent property.

Daniel.