Thanks Tom - the test cases against role and group now function correclty. The record id's appear to be unique across the extent set? Interestingly however, no data is actually written to the 'permission_holder' table - this includes the permisison holder id and any test attributes that are added to the permission holder class. This started me thinking about the possibility of a class-descriptor that defines a class that has no direct map to a database table. This descriptor would only contain information detailing relationships between other class-descriptors. I'm fairly new to this, so I not sure if this makes sense?!

Marcus

Thomas Dudziak wrote:

Your m:n collection points to PermissionHolder, however this 'class' has no declared primary key field. Try adding the primary key field descriptor to it. Note that the primary key must be unique across RoleTO and GroupTO to make this work. You might also run into problems if you map RoleTO and GroupTO to different tables because in this case OJB currently has no way to determine which class to instantiate (there are plans to add support for a field containing the concrete class name to the referee side, e.g. the indirection table in your case, but they ain't implemented yet).

Tom