Hi,

in your BAR class you don't declare a collection for FOO, and a collection for BAR childs?

Joose Vettenranta wrote:

I have like FOO and BAR classes and it's 1:n connection..

There can be lot's of FOO pointing to same BAR id

and BAR has parent id which points to BAR itself

now I would like to fetch something from that tree.. My first idea was this:

in SQL: select * from FOO,BAR where BAR.parent=<id> and BAR.id=FOO.bar_id;

but now that I was writing this, can I some how fetch the subtree from BAR? basicely BAR is a tree where there is 1 root element and then childs and their childs .. etc..

I tried to look at http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/query.html but couldn't find anything to help me.

of course one option could be to make a recursive function to go through whole tree, maybe it's what I have to do...

Thanks,

Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * +358 44 561 0270 *