What is the purpose of anonymous keys? Given class A and class B where
class A has a reference to class B, I removed setId() from both classes,
and setBId() and getBId() from class A. I still have private members id
in both classes, and bId in class A as well as all corresponding field
and reference descritors in the mapping file.

I have not set access to any of the fields as "anonymous" in the mapping
file.

Following that, I have no problem creating instances and setting a
reference between them, persisting them or retrieving them.

I thought you needed anonymous keys for that kind of behavior but I
didn't use them. Can OJB access private instance variables to keep track
of relationships? What exactly are anonymous keys for?

Thank you,

Pulat