Hi Armin,

Well I figured out what happens. In the rc5 application (which was made
some time ago) the repository-settings were:

auto-update=false
auto-delete=false
auto-retrieve=true

(just like in the rc7 application) but the big difference is that in the
r5 application when i changed a 1:1 reference my program cared to look
for the new referenced object and load it "inside" the main object and
then call ODMG to persist the updated object. This task was not done
automatically. What i wonder is if this could be done automatically. I
don't know if i am clear enough... I will try an example.

Lets suppose I have an A class and a B class:

class A
{
  Integer id;
  Integer b_id;
  B       b;
  //more fields
  //getters and setters for id, b_id, b and other fields
}

class B
{
  Integer id;
  //more fields
  //getters and setters for id and other fields
}

In sql terms: A and B are mapped to different tables. In the table
associated to A one column (mapped to b_id) is a FK to the table
associated to B. And id is the mapping of the PK of each table.

If I get an A object (always through ODMG) from the DB, change the field
A.b_id to another valid B id and try to persist, this fails.... or
worse, it does not have any effect. Am i forced to get the B object and
perform an A.set(B) or is there any better way to do this knowing the
id? (I am trying to avoid querying B again)

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 17:13, Armin Waibel wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Martin I. Levi wrote:
> > Well, I have an application on rc5 where everything works well and
> > another application on rc7 which is giving me problems. When I update
> > (through ODMG) an object with 1:1 references, the changes on these are
> > not updated.
> > Im comparing both applications to find out what happens but I still dont
> > know.
> >

> difficult to guess what's going wrong. Fixed some spots in ODMG
> implementation which could be responsible for this behavior.
> Please try the latest from CVS OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch (next maintenance
> release is coming soon)
> or see
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgNo=8991
> to fix your version manually.
>
> If this doesn't solve your problem, please try to write a test case or
> modify an existing one to show the issue.
>
> regards,
> Armin
>
> > On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 15:20, Robert r. Sanders wrote:
> >
> >>As I understand it both the OTM and ODMG implementations do this
> >>internally, so you must turn it off at the persistance-broker level.  I
> >>have tried OTM (I don't particularly care for the ODMG API) but as I
> >>want to use the Spring framework I decided to stick w/ the
> >>PersistanceBroker for now.

Saludos,

Martin I. Levi

Centre Tecnològic de Transferenciència de Calor
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
www.cttc.upc.edu