Thanks for your message, it clears up a lot.
I guess I'll use the PB api then. Do you know if/when this will be fixed for ODMG?
Thanks for your responses to all the little questions too. If have some new in reaction to your answers, please read below...

Armin Waibel wrote:

Hi Stijn,

at the end of writing this mail I found that you are using "inheritance hierarchy to multiple joined tables" for Candidate. The ODMG-api doesn't work properly with this feature (PB-api does, sorry this was only noted in 1.0.1 release-notes). Additionally you define in Person class-descriptor Candidate as extent class. Mixing these features doesn't make sense (think so). So remove the the 'super' reference in Candidate and only use 'extent' the feature to tell OJB about the hierarchy.

Can you explain the part about the extent and super a bit more? I am using OjbDoclet. Here are the xdoclet comments for Person and Candidate:

/**
* @ojb.class table="bit_Person"
*/
public class Person
{
   /**
   * @ojb.field name="id"
   * primarykey="true"
   * jdbc-type="INTEGER"
   * length="11"
   * autoincrement="ojb"
   */
   protected int id;

/** * @ojb.class table="bit_job_Candidate" * include-inherited="false" * @ojb.reference class-ref="nl.bergland.codamo.Person" * name="super" * foreignkey="id" * auto-retrieve="true" * auto-update="true" * auto-delete="true" */ public class Candidate extends Person { /** * @ojb.field name="id" * primarykey="true" * jdbc-type="INTEGER" * length="11" * autoincrement="ojb" */ protected int id;

I am worried about the id field too. It's duplicated in Candidate, but that shouldn't be necessary should it?

Greetings,

-Stijn