hi gerhard,

i marked the removed object as deletable, then it worked:

        tx.begin();
        //*************************************
        tx.lock(fetchedGat, Transaction.WRITE);
        // Remove collection object
        tx.markDelete(fetchedGat.getCollectiblesC().remove(0));
        //*************************************
        tx.commit();

jakob

Jakob Braeuchi schrieb:

hi gerhard,

afterStore() is not called when using odmg (it is for pb-api !). i'm not an odmg-expert, so i do not know if it's an error or if there should be a different mechanism to remove those elements.

jakob

Gerhard Grosse schrieb:

Hi,

we are trying to upgrade our OJB version from RC5 to 1.0.1.
We are using the ODMG API.

In RC5, when removing items from a collection of a write-locked
object, the transaction commit deleted the removed items from the
database. This does not seem happen any more in v1.0.1. All that is
sent to the DB is an (unnecessary) SQL UPDATE on the locked object
that actually does not change anything.
Debugging showed that the collection class is a materialized ListProxy
holding a RemovalAwareCollection (as expected). Also as expected, the
allObjectsToBeRemoved member of this RemovableAwareCollection contains
the items to be removed. However the items do not get removed during
the transaction commit, and after commit the allObjectsToBeRemoved
member still contains the same items. We also tried write-locking all
collection items and doing a flush at various points, but no luck.

How should we remove items from a collection with ODMG in OJB 1.0.1?

Thanks for any help!
Gerhard