     * customer_id = 10034
     *
     * @param  attribute   The field name to be used
     * @param  value       An object representing the value of the field
     */

you'd better use addLike.

jakob

Ajitesh Das schrieb:

Is this a bug? Or I am missing something

The following tests are failing:
Here is my snippet of repository xml:

        <field-descriptor id="3"
            name="user"
            column="USR"
            jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
            primarykey="false"
            nullable="true"
            indexed="false"
            autoincrement="false"
            locking="false"
            default-fetch="false"
        />

I have table, "person" that contains a list of users : {user1,
user2,...., user10,new0,new1,.....,new100}

In code I am using : myCriteria.addEqualTo("user","user*"); QueryByCriretia qc = new QueryByCriteria((com.acme.Person)obj, myCriteria);
PB.getObjectByQuery(qc);

This returns an empty collection, whereas I am expecting that it should
return {user1,...,user10}

The Javadoc says that:
http://objectbridge.sourceforge.net/javadoc/index.html

"
addEqualTo
public void addEqualTo(java.lang.String attribute,
java.lang.Object value)Adds and equals (=)
criteria, customer_id = 10034 Where Value is a string simple pattern matching can be used, the
character * is a wildcard, e.g. customer_name = Ander*

Would match the customers: Anderson and Anderton. The character ?
matches a single occurence of a character. The '\' character is used as
an escape character and allow searching for strings containing * or ?.
So in order to search for Ander* - use Ander\*.

Parameters: attribute - The field name to be used value - An object representing the value of the field "