Hello,

I'm currently learning OJB, we are going to use it for our web app. I've got
some unresolved questions

1.  in Basic O/R mapping I've read that in ODMG default auto-update is set to
false which is link. I read that in this case ODMG will not insert nor update
my collection objects if i do write lock on master object. But it does both!

            Transaction tx = odmg.newTransaction();
            tx.begin();

            person = new Person("Michal", "Korzybski", new Integer(22));
            Address a = new Address();
            a.setCity("Rumia");
            a.setStreet("Dunikowskiego 2");
            person.addAddress(a);

            tx.lock(osoba, tx.WRITE);
            tx.commit();

After this code I've person and address stored in DB. I'm confused.

2. I'm not sure if I can safely begin odmg transaction in one servlet then
pass it to other servlet and commit it or rollback after a while. Does
transaction return db-connection to the pool after every OQL query and later
on commit it borrows it once again?

3. I can't commit object with null FK and no idea why, probably i'm doing
something wrong.

I'm thankful for any help. (sorry for my english)