Hi Edson,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

Hi, guys.

I'm deploying a really big app written using OJB (today is about 360000 loc), that uses MaxDB as database server.
I've a test connection query (select 1 from DBA.DUAL), and it works.

But after some time of work (about 4 hours of continuous use), OJB loose one connection, and never get it working again. May be this a known bug for OJB 1.0.1? Should I upgrade DBCP (I'm using it)?

It's not a known bug. Other user posted about an issue when using lazy collection references, but I never notice an issue about "lost connections". How does OJB loose the connection? Will it be removed from pool without closing or never returned to pool and timed out? Did you get any error message, stack trace?

I've checked past threads, but just only one appear be related... And tests exchanging DBCP to ConnectionPool don't solved.

Both implementations ConnectionFactoryDBCPImpl and ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl rely on commons-pool, so they should behave in same way.

Using no connection pool appear be solved, but our app is high query/transaction intensive, and opening a connection is an issue for us (we use a pool of 10 connections per user here, and we have ~40 users)).

This indicate that OJB does a good job and close all used connections, but maybe the issue only disappear because of reduced performance.
Do you use the 'maxIdle' property in ConnectionFactoryPooled/DBCPImpl?

regards, Armin

Thanks for any help,

Edson Richter