Well, i added:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver a = new com.mysql.jdbc.Driver();
com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver b = new com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver();

Just to verify that it was all there, and it came up with a different
error - couldnt find spy.properties in the classpath!

Copied that accross, and it seems to be working.  In the faq i found it
doesnt mention that you need to copy this file into the classpath!

Daniel.