I think that when you map inheritance to multiple tables, and use a
native (database) sequence manager for generating the ids, you have to
make sure yourself that the entries in the different tables get the
same primarykey. If you use a app-space sequence manager (nextval for
example), then OJB should do this for you.
I'm sorry that I can't help you more, but my experience with mapping
using super-references is limited, and in an EJB environment even
more. You could search the user mailing list archives for application
server and sequence manager or mapping to multiple tables.

Tom