Bruno CROS <bruno.cros <at> gmail.com> writes:

> it's important to note that mapping date attributes such as
> java.sql.Time java.util.Date (with hours ...) and even
> java.sql.Timestamp using DATE oracle type  IS NOT POSSIBLE since
> Oracle 9.2 !! (Hours are lost ... with all it can occurs too !)

FYI: we have patched the old Torque supplied with the OJB 1.0.x line of
releases. In the upcoming OJB 1.0.2 there is a modified Torque JAR with a
patched in profile "oracle9" that can be used to make Torque generate TIMESTAMP
correctly for all timestamp columns (as well as correct BLOB/CLOB mappings).

In the OJB 1.1 line of releases OJB (and Torque) will use the DdlUtils [1]
project for SQL-generation.

Regards,
 Martin

[1] Formerly know as commons-sql in the Apache Jakarta Sandbox, currently under
migration to db.apache.org