Philip Denno wrote:
Thanks, that makes sense.

I replaced the jar file to be 1.0.2 and it now loads fine. Now I get the
following problem when
I launch related to the repository_database.xml

Once again I took the defaults from the apache website and attempted to
customize them. The exact warning from OJB is:

[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] problems with platform
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMysqlImpl:
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMysqlImpl
[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] OJB will use PlatformDefaultImpl
instead

hmm, are you sure that all old OJB jars removed from the classpath?

I modified the default file so that it looks like the following:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
                jcd-alias="default"
                default-connection="true"
                platform="mysql"
                jdbc-level="2.0"
                driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
                protocol="jdbc"
                subprotocol="mysql"
                dbalias="tsi"
                username="guest"
                password="guest"
                batch-mode="false"
        useAutoCommit="1"
        ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

Are any of these settings incorrect? What exactly is wrong with the
mysql platform class?

Cheers,
Philip.