Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

The issue is noted in the release-notes:

<snip>
- When a class mapped on multiple joined tables was used in a reference only objects
of the base type class will be instantiated, e.g. a Company class has
a 1:n reference 'employees' to a base class Employee and class Manager extends Employee,
then 'employees' only contains objects of type Employee even if the real type was Manager.
See in OJB test suite ...broker.InheritanceMultipleTableTest#testInheritancedObjectsInCollectionReferences

Same problem occur when query the base class, then OJB only returns objects of base type instead
the real type.
</snip>

But I admit my English is abstruse ;-)

you're right, i do not understand it :(

That's why I wrote the test case. Maybe you can rephrase this section in release-notes, or much better finding a solution for the problem ;-)
I will check in my changes (first alpha version) for this kind of inheritance today plus some new tests. But it will not solve the problem described above.

jakob

regards, Armin

Thank you,
stefan walkner