So many projects, so few brain cells.

The problem with setting FK's is not in 1.0.3, it's in 1.0.0.  Version
problem on my end, and now I really have upgraded in this project.
Mea maxima culpa.

Last week's collection stuff still stands, though (Armin, did you get my
test case?).

-steve

Steve Clark
ECOS Development Group
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(970)226-9291

Armin Waibel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/03/2005 11:22 AM
Please respond to
"OJB Users List" <ojb-user@db.apache.org>

OJB Users List <ojb-user@db.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Is ODMG usable in 1.0.3?

Hi Steve,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm still having trouble with the collection stuff I asked about last
> week, and now a new problem:
>
> I use anonymous keys for essentially all of my references.

Do you use it for all 1:1 references or generally in all references?

> With the
> required-for-ODMG setting of auto-update="none", it appears that OJB
never
> sets the anonymous keys from the values in the referenced objects: It is

> always inserting null into the FK column.

Are you sure that all anonymous keys be ignored or only these in
conjunction with 1:n relations? If the FK wasn't anonymous the test pass?
I ask because there is a bug in handling of new n-side objects of 1:n
relations. The linking for new objects is not done. But this is
independent of the field type (anonymous on/off).

Please try to patch ObjectEnvelopeTable#cascadeInsertCollectionReferences
in line 666 replace

else
{
    // we mark collection reference for linking
    oe.addLinkOneToN(col, source.getObject(), false);
}

with

else
{
    // we mark collection reference for linking
    oe.addLinkOneToN(col, source.getObject(), false);
    oe.setModificationState(oe.getModificationState().markDirty());
}

This should fix problems with new added objects in 1:n relations.

> Should I just give up on 1.0.3, or am I missing something?

I'm strongly interested in fixing all issues in odmg. The problem is
that I can only run against the OJB test-suite (all these tests pass for
1.0.3). Please report all issues to jira if possible with some kind of
test case to reproduce the bug. I will try to fix this stuff till next
release.