Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
I have an application server WebSphere 5.1 and I must do Container Managed
Transactions (CMT) with OJB. There is only PB-API involved. Unfortunately,
there is very little  documentation on this topic.

Maybe someone is willing to write a howto ;-)

Now my question:
If I don't call the method PersistenceBroker.beginTransaction() and
PersistenceBroker.commitTransaction() everything seems to work. Rollbacks
work. But there is a warning message similar to: "WARN: No tx found. Please
use tx to avoid side effects...".  What are those sideeffects? Is there some
cleanup OJB does while committing? I've seen some hashtable activity stuff
in the OJB-sourcode. We don't use OJB-Cache.

This warning was introduced to prevent user in non-managed environments storing objects without a running tx. Without PB-tx the autocommit state of the used connection is on (by default), thus when storing an object with references or a bunch of objects a rollback of all objects is not possible.

Why has OJB to be "transaction aware" at all, since I don't use OJB-Cache.

In managed environments without using a cache it's completely different and the warning is needless and confusing. Should introduce a property 'checkForTx' in OJB.properties to en-/disable this behavior, instead always check for tx?

Thx for your replies!