From: Jakob Braeuchi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 1:29 PM
To: OJB Users List
Subject: Re: Oracle OJB error

hi eric,

the error is caused by stmt.setEscapeProcessing(true) in
the paltform:

public void afterStatementCreate(Statement stmt) throws
PlatformException
     {
         try
         {
             stmt.setEscapeProcessing(true);
         }
         catch (SQLException e)
         {
             throw new PlatformException("Could not set escape
processing", e);

have you tried stmt.setEscapeProcessing(true) on a prepared statement
without using ojb ?

jakob

Ferrer, Eric schrieb:
> We recently started getting a weird error with OJB and we are trying
> find out if its an Oracle specific issue or an OJB issue that would
> happen cross databases.
>

> We get from our logs
>
> OJB: Create new DBCP connection
> pool:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>   jcd-alias=SECURITY
>
>   default-connection=false
>
>   dbms=Oracle
>
>   jdbc-level=3.0
>
>   driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
>
>   protocol=jdbc
>
>   sub-protocol=oracle
>
>   db-alias=thin:@XX.X.XX.XX:XXXX:VPSu
>
>   user=security
>
>   password=*****
>
>   eager-release=false
>
>   ConnectionPoolDescriptor={whenExhaustedAction=0,
> validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM DUAL, maxIdle=-1, maxActive=256,
> maxWait=5000, removeAbandoned=false, numTestsPerEvictionRun=10,
> testWhileIdle=false, minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=600000,
> testOnReturn=false, logAbandoned=false, removeAbandonedTimeout=300,
> timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=-1, testOnBorrow=true}
>
>   batchMode=false
>
>   useAutoCommit=AUTO_COMMIT_SET_TRUE_AND_TEMPORARY_FALSE
>
>   ignoreAutoCommitExceptions=false
>
>   sequenceDescriptor=<null>
>
> ]
>
> 38359 2005-12-08 16:27:48,455 DEBUG - OJB: SQL:INSERT INTO LOG

(LOG_ID,LOG_DTIME,LOG_LEVEL,MESSAGE,SESSION_ID,LOG_USER,MODULE,SOURCE,EX

CEPTION,CREATE_USER,CREATE_DTIME,MODIFY_USER,MODIFY_DTIME,MODIFY_USER_DB
> ,DATA_TAG) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
> ,null,,swav,112233,2005-12-08 16:27:48.455
>
> 38468 2005-12-08 16:27:48,564 ERROR - OJB: Platform dependend
> failure,null,,swav,112233,2005-12-08 16:27:48.564
>
> org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformException: Could not set
escape
> processing
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformOracleImpl.afterStatementCreate(
> PlatformOracleImpl.java:63)
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementsForClassImpl.prepareStatemen
> t(StatementsForClassImpl.java:333)
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementsForClassImpl.prepareStatemen
> t(StatementsForClassImpl.java:223)
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementsForClassImpl.getPreparedStmt
> (StatementsForClassImpl.java:167)
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getPreparedStatement(
> StatementManager.java:637)
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.util.BrokerHelper.doesExist(BrokerHelper.java:628)

>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBroker
> Impl.java:679)
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingP
> ersistenceBroker.java:174)
>
>       at

org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingP
> ersistenceBroker.java:174)
>
>       at

com.transcore.nucleus.persist.connection.ojb.OJBDataConnection.save(OJBD
> ataConnection.java:825)
>
>       at

com.transcore.nucleus.persist.connection.ojb.OJBDataConnection.save(OJBD
> ataConnection.java:798)
>
>       at

com.transcore.premise.measure.logger.db.DbLoggerDelegate.commit(DbLogger
> Delegate.java:162)
>
>       at

com.transcore.premise.measure.logger.db.DbLoggerDelegate$DbLogWriteTask.