Hi Thomas,

Works perfectly, just needed to adjust a couple field types for compatibility between MySQL and Derby and the same build works for both databases.

        Sean

Thomas Dudziak wrote:
On 3/6/06, Sean C. McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm trying to work with Derby, but I'm not sure which DB to use for the
torque.database property.

Looking at the torque-gen I see there is a cloudscape, is cloudscape the
name to set? Any other special configuration needed? Is there any
example to follow?

The current OJB 1.0 branch contains a version of a sample Derby profile:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/profile/derby.profile?view=markup

It is however intended to be used with DdlUtils
(http://db.apache.org/ddlutils) because the Torque version that comes
with OJB, does not support Derby out-of-the-box.
For an example of how to use DdlUtils, see its documentation and OJB's
build file:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/build.xml?view=markup

especially the prepare-testdb-ddlutils target.

cheers,
Tom

.