Hi Dino,

Dino Di Cola wrote:
Armin,

I have a question regarding ojb and oracle sequences.
I am using the following sequence-manager

<sequence-manager className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl"> <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="true"/>
</sequence-manager>

and the sequences get automatically created with CACHE
parameter set to 20. I am encountering some problems
with Oracle 10g and it seems that the 20 is added to
the sequence current value to generate the next value.

How can I configure OJB by automatically creating
sequences with NOCACHE?
Is SequenceManagerNextValImpl configurable or have I
to Implement a sequence manager by myself?

Please have a look into OJB's documentation
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/sequencemanager.html#Database+sequences+based+implementation

You can set an attribute 'seq.cache'
<attribute attribute-name="seq.cache" attribute-value="0"/>

These properties are supported since OJB 1.0.4. If you use an older version of OJB you can extend SequenceManagerNextValImpl to implement your specific SM - e.g. override method #createSequence(...)

By the way please post your questions to OJB's user-list - Thanks.

Many thank in advance for your help.

Dino.
--

___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it