Hi Bruno,

Bruno CROS wrote:
Hi Armin,

Here's is a schematic example :

Consider a service method that returns an object "ProductBean". ProductBean
is not O/R mapped but the  reading calls a second method that read O/R
mapped Product object. Then, relations are followed, to find description of
his Category (Consider that a product have 1 Category.

2nd method looks like that (classic):

public static Product getProduct(String id) {
  PersistenceBroker broker = null;
  try {
    PersistenceBroker brojer =
PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
    Identity oid = broker.serviceIdentity().buildIdentity(Product.class,
id);
    Product product = (Product) broker.getObjectByIdentity(oid);
    return product;
  } finally {
    if (broker !=null )
    { broker.close();

Frst method looks like that :

public static ProductBean getProductBean(String id)
{ Product p = getProduct(id); // 2nd method call
  if (p!=null)
  { ProductBean product = new ProductBean();
    product.setDescription(p.getDescription());
    product.setID(p.getId());
    // and here's the O/R recall
    product.setCategoryDescription( p.getCategory().getDescription() );
    // now, broker is open... how does it close ?

Sorry, I didn't get it. The Category object associated with Product p was materialized too when getProduct(id) was called (auto-retrieve is true). Why does p.getCategory() open a new PB instance?

    return product;
  }
  return null;
}

I tried to wrap the code of first method with a tx.open() and tx.abort(), to
be sure that broker is released at the end with the abort().

thanks

regards.