Hi Armin,
I'm working with OJB 1.0.3.
Sorry, I have debugged again and see that m-n-handling is ok.
Delete and insert instead of updating takes only affect by updating the
primitive attributes of an object, not in the m-n relation tables.

regards
Josef

Hi Josef,

Josef Wagner wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> why does ojb delete and insert when I'm updating an existing entry?
>
> Isn't this way negative in view of performance?
>
> I've seen this concept also by updating m-n relations.

Which version of OJB do you use?
Beside the update of m-n relations when does OJB "delete and insert"
instead of a simply update? Could you describe more detailed?