Hi Maxim,

Maxim Kuleshov wrote:
Hello!

I've tried to use type-mapping feature of JDBC in apache OJB but failed.
Broker reports the following error:

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.OJBRuntimeException: The type JAVA_OBJECT can not be handled by OJB. Please specify only types as defined by java.sql.Types.

I open a bug report in JIRA
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OJB-113
will fix this ASAP

Are any work-arounds to bypass that restriction? For example, is it possible to read oracle object types using field-type conversion facility while declaring that fields of type blob or likely?

You could try to define the field as LONGVARBINARY and implement a FieldConversion which serialize/deserialize the java object.

PS: I'm definetly walked through all steps before use type-mapping, i.e. create necessary class which implements SQLData, create simple proxy of standard ConnectionFactory those function is modify type map, if its empty.

--
WBR, Maxim Kuleshov