On 6/19/06, Janssen, Roger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Diving deeper into the OJB code I see that the ensureColumns method in
fact does two things:
(1) add the columns to the returnable set of columns in the resultset
(2) adds the columns to a list of columns to be used in force a join

(2) is okay for orderby's, but (1) is not. If for orderby's (1) was left
out, would that be a problem?

As far as I remember, there was a problem a couple of months ago that
for one database all orderby columns had to be selected columns as
well (though I don't remember offhand which database it was, though).

Tom