I've just solved this problem by changing
platform="Oracle"
platform="Oracle9i"
in our "jdbc-connection-descriptor"s

It even works with Oracle 9 thin driver, no need to upgrade to 10g driver.

Thanks,
 Vasily

On 7/7/06, Vasily Ivanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

We are using OJB 1.0.3 with Oracle 9 thin driver. We've just started
to persist BLOBs in DB and we keep getting an error "Oracle thin
driver cannot update BLOB values with length>2000. (Consider using
Oracle9i as OJB platform.)" when trying to persist something >2k. :(

It doesn't work even when we moved to Oracle 10g driver.

Do you have any idea how could we solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
  Vasily Ivanov