I have a problem with the indirection table mapping.

<class-descriptor
        class="com.example.Project"
        table="Project">
<collection-descriptor
            name="members"
            element-class-ref="com.example.Member"
            orderby="memberId"
            auto-retrieve="true"
            auto-update="true"
            auto-delete="false"
            indirection-table="ProjectPerson">
        <fk-pointing-to-this-class column="ProjectId"/>
        <fk-pointing-to-element-class column="MemberId"/>
    </collection-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

Supposing that I set the auto-update to false, when I store the project
object with "broker.store(project)", will the indirection table being
updated? My experiment shows that it doesn't. However, if I set auto-update
to "true", the broker will store all members again. In a lot of scenerios,
it is not desirable because of performance reason.

My question how do I store the values in the in-direction table "project
person" when using store() without re-save all "members"?