Hi Swayam,

sorry for the late reply.

Swayam Vemuri -X (swvemuri - WIPRO at Cisco) wrote:
Hi

Can anyone please let me know whether OJB supports below

And how it does each of the below

(a)     Does it support select-before-update?

Sorry nope. You have to do this by your own. We support optimistic (and pessimistic) locking
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/lockmanager.html
but on update always all fields will be written to DB (except if you are using different metadata profiles, but this won't help to detect changed fields)
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/metadata.html

(b)     Does it implement prepared statement caching?

Yep, if you use the DBCP based ConnectionFactory implementation.
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/connection.html

(c)     Does it support Role based access?

You have to build this upon OJB. OJB is only a O/R mapper.

(d)     Does it support views?

It's not official documented, but some OJB-user using views within OJB. Please search the user-list.

Thanks

Swayam