Folks,

We use OJB as the data access bridge to access DB2/400 data in our Web
application. In some of our DB2/400 tables, we define the variable
length field, such as VARCHAR(4096) which allow up to 4096 characters.
We use the following field definition in OJB,

<field-descriptor

    id="7"

    name="screenMsg"

    column="ALMSGT"

    jdbc-type="VARCHAR"

    length="4096"

/>

But, when try to insert record, "Data truncated" error received with the
String length only about 160. If the String length is short, we do not
have the problem. Any suggestion or advices?

Thank you very much

"Jay" Jie Xu

and are intended only for the addressee(s).
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you