Hi Jim,

Nelson, James Robert wrote:
Hi All,

Is there a way to save and retrieve data to/from Oracle such that all of the
information in Oracle's "timestamp with time zone" data type is preserved?
(e.g. data like "October 29, 2006 1:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time").

So far, we've only been able to get date/time/time zone information - we
can't find a way to also retrieve the daylight saving's information.

If it isn't possible to use a simple field conversion
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/jdbc-types.html#Type+and+Value+Conversions+-+The

you can try to implement a specific JdbcType (and cast the ResultSet to OracleResultSet) and to add this specific type on start of OJB using class JdbcTypesHelper#setJdbcType. On insert/update OJB will use Statement#setObject(...) to set the TIMESTAMPLTZ objects (don't know if this will work, because Oracle expects OracleStatement and setTimestampltz()).

We're currently using Oracle 10 and the ojb 1.1.0 branch.

Is this a typo? The OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch is the upcoming OJB 1.0.5. The SVN trunk is the unstable OJB 1.x/2.x.

Thanks for any input you can provide,
Jim