Hi Vagula,

Vagula wrote:
Hi,

          I have some doubts though:

                   1. In the access attribute for an reference field (as
given below in repository_user.xml) which is the best option?

a. read only b. read write
c.      anonymous

I would use anonymous fields or private fields without getter/setter in the POJO for the ?? fields (with access "readwrite" or "readonly" - if data never change).

2. When I use access=anonymous, I have to retrieve the references before
I store the object. This is causing problem when I run the use case for
35 concurrent users. Any suggestions?

3. When  I use access = read, I add the attributes in the Java bean. But
when I run the application it is giving an error "Cannot Insert Null
into a Not Null column"

If you set "readonly" the field will be ignored on insert. This could cause problems with the DB-table if the column doesn't allow null.

<class-descriptor
class="com.inetpsa.pac.ojb.bean.ActivityDeclarationData"
table="PACQTDEA">

          <field-descriptor id="1" name="id" column="ID"
jdbc-type="INTEGER" primarykey="true" autoincrement="true"
access="readonly"/>

          <field-descriptor id="2" name="individualid"
column="INDIVIDUALID" jdbc-type="INTEGER" access= ?? />

          <field-descriptor id="3" name="activityid" column="ACTIVITYID"
jdbc-type="INTEGER" access= ?? />

          <field-descriptor id="4" name="subactivityid"
column="SUBACTIVITYID" jdbc-type="INTEGER" access= ?? />

          <field-descriptor id="5" name="entityId" column="ENTITY"
jdbc-type="INTEGER" access= ?? />

          <field-descriptor id="6" name="period" column="PERIOD"
jdbc-type="INTEGER" access= ?? "/>

          <field-descriptor id="7" name="comment" column="COMMENT"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR" />

          <field-descriptor id="8" name="daysDeclared"
column="DAYSDECLARED" jdbc-type="NUMERIC"
conversion="com.inetpsa.pac.arch.ojb.util.Numeric2DoubleConvertor"/>

          <reference-descriptor
class-ref="com.inetpsa.pac.ojb.bean.IndividualData" name="individual"
auto-retrieve="false">

                   <foreignkey field-ref="individualid" />

          </reference-descriptor>

          <reference-descriptor
class-ref="com.inetpsa.pac.ojb.bean.Activity" name="activity"
auto-retrieve="false">

                   <foreignkey field-ref="activityid" />

          </reference-descriptor>

          <reference-descriptor
class-ref="com.inetpsa.pac.ojb.bean.SubactivityData" name="subActivity"
auto-retrieve="true">

                   <foreignkey field-ref="subactivityid" />

          </reference-descriptor>

          <reference-descriptor
class-ref="com.inetpsa.pac.ojb.bean.EntityData" name="entityData"
auto-retrieve="false">

                   <foreignkey field-ref="entityId" />

          </reference-descriptor>

          <reference-descriptor
class-ref="com.inetpsa.pac.ojb.bean.PeriodicCalender" name="periodData"
auto-retrieve="false">

                   <foreignkey field-ref="period" />

          </reference-descriptor>

                   <object-cache
class="org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.ObjectCacheEmptyImpl"></object-cache>

</class-descriptor>

          OJB version I use is 1.0.

          Thanks for the Help!

Regards,