Hi Armin,

thank you for your fast response.

Armin Waibel writes:

> You are right, OJB find the object in the cache (because you operate
> with the same objects on different DB's using a shared cache) and
> indicate to update the object instead of insert.
>
> Do you really need a shared cache on your "backup" broker? I would
> recommend to use a "per broker cache" (for backup-broker)
> http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/objectcache.html#ObjectCachePerBrokerImpl
>Then OJB will not find the object in the cache of backup-broker and
>perform a DB select.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I was not aware, that the
ObjectCacheDefaultImpl is shared amongst all connections as I declared the
cache at connection level, but reading the words "global" and "static Map" in
the documentation really helps :-).
As we create a broker on demand and discard it after single use, the per broker
cache is not helpful at all, so I will use ObjectCacheEmptyImpl.

Bernd