Hi,

Christopher Cheng wrote:
I've been using OJB for over 3 years. Except for performance problem, the others are fine. For perforamance related actions, I use either reportQuery or SQL, so the performance is not a major issue.

Product updates seems to be more often with Hibernate. The latest update of OJB 1.0.4 was released 1 year ago. Hibernate already has a few update since.

I completely agree with you. Shame on me. Currently I wait for DdlUtils 1.0-rc1, because we want to move the OJB-test-suite creation from Torque to Ddlutils (DdlUtils has much better DB support). The OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch is stable, so you can check out and test it against your test-app (feedback is welcome).

I found out that Hibernate seems to be more popular and it is well integrated with other frameworks such as iBatis and Spring, JasperReports. iBatis is a apache project and it has integration with Hibernate but not with OJB. JasperReports is the most popular Java reporting tools and I can use native Hibernate query within but not with OJB query.

Hibernate has much more developer and can support integration of Hib in other projects.

Are people moving slowly to Hibernate from OJB?

yep I think so. The mail list statistic show this too
http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists
Shit happens! ;-)
Hibernate has more features than OJB and supports the Persistence API (it's on my todo-list for OJB 2.x). OJB has it's advantages if you need a persistence layer in heavy concurrent client applications (the multithreaded performance of OJB is very good).